Thursday 11 November 2010

‘An Exact Price’

‘An Exact Price’

Dari milis tetangga:



It was my lucky day that a Scotsman visited a souvenir shop where I worked, in my first working day. He was looking around paintings on the wall. I wondered when he stopped in front of a painting and watching it for more than ten minutes.

‘How much is this?’, he asked, spoke easily to understand.

‘That is Rp 200,000’ I answered.

‘It's too expensive,’ said the man, ‘I don't have much money. I have Rp 100,000 left. Can I offer?’

‘Sure. I am asking my boss.’

Then my boss came. He said to the man, ‘I'm sorry, sir. He is my new shopkeeper. He isn't known the price very well. The right price is Rp 550,000. You can offer it, anyway.’

‘Hmm. well, I offer Rp 400,000 for the painting. I don't have much money,’ the foreigner repeated his utterance before.

‘Rp 450,000. That's last price,’ my boss offered.

After several minutes the Scotsman still defended his offer. At last, my boss gave in. The man paid and held the painting. He watched it once again before covering the picture. He turned it. All at once, he saw a list price at the back of the frame. It was labeled ‘Rp 400,000’.



Hatiku selembar daun...

No comments: